Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: excel spreadsheets reversed and upside down after installing mac os catalina

I have just installed mac os catalina and my excel spreadsheets are now reversed and upside down. Can anyone help?

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 3:04 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Oct 12, 2019 11:45 AM in response to janeway10 In response to janeway10

Open any Office 2016 app. From the top menu bar, choose Help > Check For Updates.

If possible, I would try to get a refund on Office 2016. There was no point purchasing that when Office 2019 replaced it over a year ago as the current, perpetual license version.

Oct 12, 2019 11:45 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 10, 2019 6:18 AM in response to stephenpetergordon In response to stephenpetergordon

I have the same problem. I found that if I scroll down the spreadsheet, then back up, it flips it right-side up again. However some formatting is missing, and the column headings don't show for ever column. Huge problem.

Oct 10, 2019 6:18 AM

Reply Helpful (9)

Oct 12, 2019 11:45 AM in response to janeway10 In response to janeway10

Open any Office 2016 app. From the top menu bar, choose Help > Check For Updates.

If possible, I would try to get a refund on Office 2016. There was no point purchasing that when Office 2019 replaced it over a year ago as the current, perpetual license version.

Oct 12, 2019 11:45 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Nov 21, 2019 5:45 PM in response to lgnindy1 In response to lgnindy1

^

(Oct 10, 2019 6:18 AM in response to stephenpetergordon

I have the same problem. I found that if I scroll down the spreadsheet, then back up, it flips it right-side up again. However some formatting is missing, and the column headings don't show for ever column. Huge problem.)

Totally worked. You're a life saver!

Nov 21, 2019 5:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 15, 2019 8:33 AM in response to stephenpetergordon In response to stephenpetergordon

I just installed the latest update (available here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-for-mac), and that helped me -- displayed correctly as soon as I opened the file, which it hasn't done since I updated my OS. Hope this helps!

Dec 15, 2019 8:33 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: stephenpetergordon

Question: excel spreadsheets reversed and upside down after installing mac os catalina