Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse does not react instantly since update

I updated to Catalina and since this update my Magic Mouse does not react immediately when it is moved. It takes a second before the pointer starts moving.

ps. Typing the also gives a problem. Suddenly a lot of empty spaces which I do not type.

and when deleting text also no reaction before suddenly it deletes more text than wanted. so looks like same problem being slow reaction.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 3:36 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2019 9:09 AM in response to paulfromoosterhout

Hello paulfromoosterhout,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with your mouse and keyboard. You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue, as well as testing with a different mouse and/or keyboard.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If your pointer is jumpy when you use a trackpad, Magic Trackpad, or Magic Mouse

Cheers!

Magic mouse does not react instantly since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.