Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

Why my Mac Itunes doesn't recognize my Iphone?

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 11:17 AM

For iOS 12 you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. For iOS 13 iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 11:17 AM in response to amar280

For iOS 12 you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. For iOS 13 iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Oct 13, 2019 11:38 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi tt2,

Thanks for your time, I tried all these steps but still nothing; the issue remain the same. One thing that I want to share with is the image below. Airdrop window doesn't show the two clickable options ( Allow me to be....) and (Don't see who you're looking for) . The first screenshot is my Mac Airdrop and the second one is from Internet. Thanks.

Oct 12, 2019 10:10 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi there,

My IMac can't not find my Iphone on Airdorp and vice versa. I have tried doing that using an IPad and there was no problem between the IPad and the IPhone; so this means that the issue is coming from my IMac. Can you please help me with that?

IPhone is running IOs 13.1.2 and IMac is running High Sierra 10.13.6 With that being said, please know that I can't upgrade to a new MacOs version because my IMac is mid 2011.

Thanks a lot.

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.