Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WDMyCloud

I can't access WDMyCloud device from Finder after upgrading to catalina it's home network

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 9:35 AM

WD Discovery version 3.4.89 does not support macOS 10.15 Catalina.

We are working to release a new version of WD Discovery that will support macOS 10.15.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an exact date as to when the version of WD Discovery that supports macOS 10.15 Catalina will be released and available for download. We appreciate your patience, understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

In the meantime, access to the My Cloud Home can still be obtained using the My Cloud Home mobile app for Android, iOS or by using WD Discovery on a supported operating system including Windows.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 9:35 AM in response to TifaMo

WD Discovery version 3.4.89 does not support macOS 10.15 Catalina.

We are working to release a new version of WD Discovery that will support macOS 10.15.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an exact date as to when the version of WD Discovery that supports macOS 10.15 Catalina will be released and available for download. We appreciate your patience, understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

In the meantime, access to the My Cloud Home can still be obtained using the My Cloud Home mobile app for Android, iOS or by using WD Discovery on a supported operating system including Windows.

Oct 16, 2019 8:44 PM in response to TifaMo

That is totally unacceptable. I bought wdmycloud couple weeks ago because tech sales person told me it was best. I use it for my home business and now all my files are unavailable. Using the web app to download the files defeats the purpose. Proposals, quotes, product specs are all out of reach. Your lack of anticipation is causing my business money. Wish I could return it and get an REAL NAS. Thank you Wd for showing how you don’t care.

Nov 10, 2019 6:48 AM in response to gertlanc

I have MyCloud not the home version, this didn't help. Seems to be something to do with SMB as I have another hard drive that also won't connect via SMB since this Catalina update. AFP is kinda working, very slow and not compatible with other devices on our network, so not really an option. SMB needs to be fixed. I don't care if it is WD or Apple, this support and update time is unacceptable.

Nov 16, 2019 1:48 AM in response to TifaMo

This is seriously inconvenient and unacceptable. I believe users are deserving of daily and at a minimum weekly updates on progress. I'm running 2 64 TB EX4s that house thousands of photos including new ones from a recent trip to Africa that I cannot edit them because of this issue.

Users spend the money we spend on good hardware expecting continuous excellence and this isn't it.

Dec 22, 2019 10:11 AM in response to TifaMo

I have two WD NAS for years - MyBook Live and MyCloud EX2 - and I am really disappointed about WD Software and Hardware (not only for macOS but also for iOS) and its speed. I am looking forward to buy a real, useful NAS (like Synology or Qnap). My experience with WD NAS was really, really bad. It seems that WD does not care about its NAS at all.

WDMyCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.