Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Handoff Not Working

Hello,

I have the following Apple devices:

Apple Watch (1st generation) - watchOS 4.3.2

iPhone 5s - iOS 12.4.2

iMac - macOS 10.15

iPad Pro (2nd generation) - iPadOS 13.1.2

iPod touch (7th generation) - iOS 13.1.2

Handoff works from my Apple Watch to my iPhone. I cannot get Handoff to work from my Apple Watch to my other Apple devices.

I have verified the following:

Bluetooth is enabled

Handoff is enabled

Signed in with the same Apple ID

I have performed the following:

Clean install of the system software on my iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Macintosh

Restarted all of my Apple devices

I also receive an error when attempting to enable Auto Unlock on the Mac stating that it cannot find my Apple Watch.

Am I missing something? It seems that my Apple Watch is not communicating correctly to iCloud even though there is no sign that this is the case.

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 10:32 AM

I came across this post that might help you:

"I got my Handoff working again (iPhone X <--> Macbook Pro) by doing the following:

1. iPhone: turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, and Handoff, then turn OFF (not restart) iPhone
  2. Mac: [do the same thing]
  3. turn both back on
  4. iPhone: re-enable WiFi, Bluetooth, & Handoff
  5. Mac: [do the same thing]

Doing this, I did not have to sign in/out of iCloud on either device. NOTE: I had tried with turning all the aforementioned settings off and then back on without restarting the devices, and it didn't work. This suggests to me that restarting the devices after turning off the settings resets some critical circuits that is making Handoff act up."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2019 10:32 AM in response to QuickPost

I came across this post that might help you:

"I got my Handoff working again (iPhone X <--> Macbook Pro) by doing the following:

1. iPhone: turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, and Handoff, then turn OFF (not restart) iPhone
  2. Mac: [do the same thing]
  3. turn both back on
  4. iPhone: re-enable WiFi, Bluetooth, & Handoff
  5. Mac: [do the same thing]

Doing this, I did not have to sign in/out of iCloud on either device. NOTE: I had tried with turning all the aforementioned settings off and then back on without restarting the devices, and it didn't work. This suggests to me that restarting the devices after turning off the settings resets some critical circuits that is making Handoff act up."

Apple Watch Handoff Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.