Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina: ALF, old data swfs_pid_entry…

Hi,

After upgrading the imac to Catalina, a 20 second download delay was detected. Stop after the line:

ALF, old data swfs_pid_entry <ptr>, updaterules_msg <ptr>, updaterules_state <ptr>Fri Oct 11 09:59:36 2019 localhost com.aple.xpc.lauchd[1] <Notice>: System Integrity Protection is engaged.

Someone can explain how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 4:20 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 17, 2019 6:12 AM in response to Shmasser

Hi,

Last night I finally decided to update my MacBookPro 15 (end 2013 - 1To) to macos Catalina.

Since then it is stuck and cannot launch my session.

I have been waiting hours since then. Nothing seems to happen.

Here is what i did and the behavior i get :

--> Made the update from High Sierra to Catalina

--> System is booting correctly. and showing me correctly the user login form to open the session.

--> I enter my credentials... it starts to launch the session and then stop before the end (around 85/90%)

Then nothing is moving anymore (or it my be so slow that I fell like it stuck)I have been waiting for hours. No more progression.

--> I tried to launch with the single user mode (pressing command + S at start) = i got lots of lines, and then I started to go round on this three steps :

"ALF, old data swfs_pid_entry <ptr>"

"updaterules_msg"

"updaterules_state"

It seems like Catalina is trying to complete the harddrive/data upgrade before launching... but it seems endless.

Does anyone has any clue ?

(I dont want to scratch my 1To HD to make a fresh install, I will do it if I really have no choice)

Thank you for your help :)

Oct 19, 2019 8:01 AM in response to AshSydneyAustralia

I finally decided to format and make a fresh install.

This Catalina update is scandalously handled by Apple.

I'm very disappointed (I lost around 3 days of worktime on my production machine and probably lost some data)

catalina install during beta : huge mess in the icloud files !!

catalina install after public release : crash of my production system

time machine recovery : not working (I'm trying to access the archive anyway to try to recover some of the file. But this is very time consuming)

Shame on you Apple !

Catalina: ALF, old data swfs_pid_entry…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.