Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One new super awesome feature in Photos 5.0 that should really be expanded globally within the interface

OK, so one new thing about Photos is actually pretty darn awesome and I got seriously excited that this functionality would be available in all sections of the app

However there was a significant dip in the level of excitement after I've noticed that the feature is only available in one part of the app where it is not really useful as of current

Since Photos 5.0 now you can finally view photographs in 3 columns instead of the minimum 4 that used to be the default minimum previously

This essentially signifies that there is potential that you can finally start using the Photos app as an Instagram planner without having to rely on external applications for that functionality

However, since the feature of 3 column view is currently available only in All Photos view mode, this does not allow you to rearrange the photos akin to the method of rearrangement within albums

I'd like to ask the Apple engineers that will potentially be reading this comment to seriously consider expanding the 3 column view capability to the albums, since the feature is already available in All Photos mode. This will be a massive energy, time and nerve saver for a very long list of people

If you do not want to add the 3 column view in albums for any reason - then at least make the All Photos section custom rearrangeable vs the standard "Keep Sorted by Oldest Capture Date"

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 10:05 AM

If you want someone from Apple to see your suggestion then post it at https://www.apple.com/feedback/ as a feature request.

2 replies

One new super awesome feature in Photos 5.0 that should really be expanded globally within the interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.