Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Iphone says Wrong Password for Wifi

My new Iphone keeps saying the password for the wifi is wrong

• I have two wifis at home and 4 other iPhones connected to it and they work all fine.
  • It was brand new when I first tried, I haven't been able to connect to it (I cant forget the wifi)
  • I have restarted it
  • I have reset network settings
  • I have reset the wifi-router and tried different wifis, even another iphone sharing the internet
  • I have disabled location and every tip I've found online.

What else can I do? Thank you

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 1:45 AM

Thanks for your answer. I tried everything and gave up:

First time on the Apple Store, they run their tests and said they couldn't help me

Second time, they said the "connectivity" of the iPhone was indeed low, and it would struggle to connect to any wifi, and they gave me a new one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 1:45 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks for your answer. I tried everything and gave up:

First time on the Apple Store, they run their tests and said they couldn't help me

Second time, they said the "connectivity" of the iPhone was indeed low, and it would struggle to connect to any wifi, and they gave me a new one.

Oct 16, 2019 8:20 AM in response to CarlaCV

Hi CarlaCV,

Thanks for posting. I understand you're unable to connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone.

You've done some great troubleshooting so far. To clarify one point, is the "incorrect password" alert popping up for both of your Wi-Fi networks and the other networks you've tried, or only one network?

It sounds like you might've tried most of the steps here, including those below: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

"If asked, enter your Wi-Fi password

If asked, enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. Get help if you don’t know your password.

Even if you enter the correct password, you might see an "unable to join the network" message or an "incorrect password" message. Restart all of your devices, then try to enter your password again."

If the issue occurs on multiple networks and you've tried all of the steps in the links above, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support for the next steps.

Take care.

New Iphone says Wrong Password for Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.