Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Management disenter error 49244

After updating my imac to macOS Catalina it will not show my external hard drive. The drive is recognized on the disk utility but when I try to mount it I got the following message "Could not mount “TOSHIBA EXT”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49244.)". How can I fix this issue?

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 5:51 AM

I solved the problem by install the trial 15 days tuxera license

35 replies

Dec 20, 2019 5:24 PM in response to luisr1031

I got same issue while i was copying boot image suddenly remove usb from mac. thereafter mac doesn't recognise my usb even i format usb using windows machine. so I clearly read error message so then I realised partition table has issue. to fix that I used below resolution

1. plug usb and open terminal with diskutil list ( in my case it was dev/disk2
  2. re-partition whole disk with "diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ UntitledUFS diskN" (diskN is your disk number my case it was disk2)

mac Os Catalina and mac book pro 2018 version

Thanks

Damith

Oct 21, 2019 6:59 PM in response to nitrokamera

Tuxera didn't work for me. I used Diskwarrior instead and that worked. I've used Diskwarrior in the past to solve a different problem using a Drobo 4 bay array with 10TB drives. Until I used Diskwarrior, nothing worked on both the one 1TB drive I just fixed (that had the same error message when upgrading to Catalina) and the Drobo array that wouldn't work with Mojave. I saved a ton of data with the fix to Drobo as you can imagine.

I recommend trying Diskwarrior and maybe using it in your utility arsenal.

Oct 25, 2019 7:13 AM in response to luisr1031

Same issue is happening on my MacBook Air Mid-2015. But it is not mounting anything, not even update nor any other download image (DMG file). External disks nor Time Machine either.

Does any one got any answer for that? Tuxera didn't worked as well.

Workaround I am using is downloading in other machine, extract file do disk and copy using AirDrop, but is it not a solution.

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2019 10:20 AM in response to luisr1031

(com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 0.) In my case.

Is there a way to make my WD Mybook work again also on Catalina MBPro 2019? Strangest thing is that i have same model Mybook at office and it works fine with Catalina on Imac (27 late 2013) Both hdd's are xFat and was working perfect before catalina update.

Dec 10, 2019 11:03 PM in response to luisr1031

I have the exact same issue... except its with my Macbook's internal SSD... yeah.

Happened sometime roughly after I upgraded my mac to MacOS Catalina. One day, I decide to restart my mac, and then next thing you know it can't find it's boot drive. Question mark icon on a blinking folder when I try to boot up.

I would really like to just be able to mount my internal SSD again so I can access my data normally, but for now I am stuck booting off of an external drive with MacOS Catalina installed, using 3rd party data recovery software to try and save some of my data before I will probably inevitably have to format the SSD and start over again.

Any known fixes to mount my internal APFS drive? Its not even recognized as a boot drive when in recovery mode... Thinking this is more serious than I'm making it out to be!

Disk Management disenter error 49244

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.