Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 - can't update to watch os 6

My Apple Watch series 3 has been updated to watch os 5.3.2.

How can I update it to watch os 6.0?

It is paired with an iPhone XS running latest ios 13.1.2.

According to this article [https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204641] update should be visible in Watch app on an iPhone but it's not. Can anyone help?

Cheers!

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 4:11 AM

8 replies

Oct 12, 2019 5:56 AM in response to butters_182

If you see a watch face when you’re trying to pair: Your Apple Watch is already paired to an iPhone. You need to first erase all Apple Watch content and reset settings.

Unpair Apple Watch

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap your Apple Watch at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap  next to the Apple Watch you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.

Then pair it as new.

Make sure you are not running iOS Beta version on an iPhone 6s or later model

You need iOS 13.1.2 (non beta) on your iPhone.

Oct 12, 2019 5:12 AM in response to ckuan

Thanks!

It took a while but unfortunately after re-pairing the Watch problem still persists.

Watch app on iPhone still says:

"watchOS 5.3.2

Your software is up to date"

Is upgrade to 6.0 from 5.3.2 available at all? I read online that it was issued for devices that do not support watchOS 6.0 at the moment and for devices paired with iPhones older than 6s.

Did anyone successfully upgrade from 5.3.2 to 6.0? Maybe the problem is that Apple Watch upgraded to 5.3.2 instead of 6.0 in the first place. What do you think?

Apple Watch series 3 - can't update to watch os 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.