Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy from Files to Photos function missing from iOS 13.1.2

I upgraded my iPhone to iOS13.1.2 and the ability to copy a photo from Files to Photos is missing- it insists I open the photo in an app such as Instagram. This is worrying as copying Photos to and from my computer via files>photos was an important part of my workflow. I have looked through the iOS 13 manual and cannot find a solution.

Does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:20 PM

Hi timbloke,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that since updating to iOS 13.1.2 you're not seeing an option to copy a photo from the Files app to the Photos app. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. This should be possible to do using the following steps:

• Open the Files app and the photo you'd like to save
  • Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen
  • Rather than choosing "Copy" tap "Save Image"
  • Check Photos to see if the image has been added.

If you're still having trouble, please provide the following details:

Does this affect one or all photos you try to save from Files to Photos?

If this affects only one or a few photos, what file type are they?

Do you see the option to "Save Image" in the Share menu? Or is this what prompts you to open the photo in a third party app before saving?

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 6:20 PM in response to timbloke

Hi timbloke,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that since updating to iOS 13.1.2 you're not seeing an option to copy a photo from the Files app to the Photos app. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. This should be possible to do using the following steps:

• Open the Files app and the photo you'd like to save
  • Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen
  • Rather than choosing "Copy" tap "Save Image"
  • Check Photos to see if the image has been added.

If you're still having trouble, please provide the following details:

Does this affect one or all photos you try to save from Files to Photos?

If this affects only one or a few photos, what file type are they?

Do you see the option to "Save Image" in the Share menu? Or is this what prompts you to open the photo in a third party app before saving?

Best Regards.

Copy from Files to Photos function missing from iOS 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.