Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 12 usb-c to usb-c external monitor can't get more than 1920 resolution!

Since the upgrade to Catalina, can not get a 3440 resolution on my external 44 inch display with usb-c to usb-c!!! can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Tried to reset the PVRAM without luck. thanks

MacBook

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 5:44 AM

Thank you for your answer but all of this is related to a problem with display.. i had no problem before my upgrade to Catalina... so after talking with your customer support, still not solved the problem.. finally solved it myself :

When you hold Option and click on the scale resolution, more resolution options appears! I guess that in previous version all options were displayed and now in catalina, only fill resolution full refresh rate appear! If you hold Option at the same time you click the scaled, all option appears : high resolution, low resolution, many refresh rates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 5:44 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you for your answer but all of this is related to a problem with display.. i had no problem before my upgrade to Catalina... so after talking with your customer support, still not solved the problem.. finally solved it myself :

When you hold Option and click on the scale resolution, more resolution options appears! I guess that in previous version all options were displayed and now in catalina, only fill resolution full refresh rate appear! If you hold Option at the same time you click the scaled, all option appears : high resolution, low resolution, many refresh rates.

Oct 17, 2019 5:38 AM in response to phardy13

Hi phardy13,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're experiencing an issue with resolution on your external monitor when connected to your MacBook after macOS Catalina. I can help.

You did a great job resetting the NVRAM/PRAM already. Next, please review and complete the suggested steps found in this support article: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue remains after those steps, I would like to have you reach out to the manufacturer of your external monitor to make sure all firmware has been updated for compatibility with macOS Catalina.

Reach back out if you need continued support.

Thank you.

MacBook 12 usb-c to usb-c external monitor can't get more than 1920 resolution!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.