You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Location Icon Constantly showing on and off on, even though ALL Location services are off!

iPhone Location Icon Constantly showing on and off on, even though ALL Location services are off!

If I turn Location Service button to OFF then it stops.

When I turn it back on, but have everything set to off and all Apps to "Never use location" the icon keeps appearing every minute or so.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Mike

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 1:57 PM

Hi Chris

Thanks a lot.

Yeah I've done this already and only had the native Apps installed and with all the location options turned off and it was still happening.

I set up my old iPhone X exactly the same and it doesn't happen.

Just don't get what can be using the location, its baffling!

14 replies

Oct 17, 2019 1:45 PM in response to mike12334

Thanks for getting back to us with that information, Mike. Since you've tried that step several times, I'd like for you to reinstall the operating system of your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- When an application isn't working as expected, a good step is deleting and reinstalling the app. Since you can't delete the operating system on your iPhone, I'd like for you to reinstall iOS. The section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall iOS software on your device. 

Get back to us with the results when you're able.

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2019 6:11 AM in response to mike12334

Hi there, Mike.

I see that the Location Services icon still appears on your iPhone even though you've turned it off, and I'm glad to help.

About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later -- Scroll down to the section titled "Reset or disable Location Services". Review the information provided, then reset Location & Privacy.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Oct 18, 2019 7:37 AM in response to Chris_D13

Hi Chris

I've spent way to much time on this but have figured out what’s going on.

It's WiFi that’s the issue.

When the location icon is showing I enter the WiFi setting you can see its searching (spinning disc) for new networks, even though it’s already connected to one.

If I Turn off WiFi the location icon disappears and doesn’t come back on.

I set up my old iPhone X and this doesn’t happen at all. This issue is only on my iPhone 11.

So I’m assuming it’s either a Bug that is not known by Apple or I have a faulty device?

Nov 25, 2019 8:45 PM in response to mike12334

Hi I have the same issue since I bought iPhone 11 pro. Tried to find a link to chat with apple support but could not. Anyone has the link please?

I tried to find out what is the reason for the location service icon poping up constantly every few seconds. Initially I was thinking is the WIFI and waiting for the new iOS to be released. After the last update 13.2.3 the issue is there

I tried the following :

App location for all OFF( never )

Mobile data OFF

Bluetooth OFF

Still the location icon is poping up

I hope the solution is coming soon from Apple engineers

Regards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.