Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update Apple Watch series 5 to watchos 6.0.1

Hi,

I brought apple watch series 5 40mm space grey. I am unable to update to latest watchOS 6.0.1. Kindly help

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 10:48 AM

10 replies

Oct 13, 2019 4:23 AM in response to imelon

Hi any solution. My watch is also not tracking my standing count and my calories burnt properly. I never thought that the main function of my Apple Watch that is activity tracking will function poorly. No help. This is my second watch still having problem in activity tracking. Using iPhone X with iOS 13.1.2. Any one help please

Oct 13, 2019 6:30 AM in response to Lokesh1980

This sounds like Apple has a software update bug, introduced when they allowed the iPhone 6 to update the Apple Watch Series 4 to 5.3.2

Ever since then updates and upgrades have been messed up.

You can try using the Contact Support link at the top of this page, or going into an Apple Store. But based on forum feedback, the support people at the pointy end of the stick have been blinded sided as well.

Oct 13, 2019 8:54 AM in response to Leshaw

Leshaw wrote:
I ask having the same issue with my new series 5.

There have been a lot of similar reports in the Apple Watch forums. A few individuals have used the Contact Support link at the top of this page, and the people at the pointy end of the support stick have been blind-sided by this. A few users pushed for escalation and engineering support tickets have been raised.

But if you really want to light a fire, I suggest you contact support and get them to escalate this issue as well. The more visible the problem is to engineering and management, the more resources put on the problem, both finding the root cause, and moving the fix though channels until it reaches the field, with any extra testing needed to make sure it works for all makes and models affected.

Just one or 2 complaints is not the same as hundreds or thousands.

Can't update Apple Watch series 5 to watchos 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.