Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 setup stuck on software update

Hi

I am just setting up my new iphone 11 and it said to download 13.1.2 so i did as this is what i have on my old iphone and i didnt think it would take long. Its prepared the software and changed to install now but the loading circle is spinning next to it, its been about 45 mins should i reboot the iphone?

thanks

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 9:06 AM

Hi Bex0555,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble updating your iPhone. I’m happy to help.

You’ll want to try the steps below:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, you’ll want to update your phone using your computer:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 9:06 AM in response to Bex0555

Hi Bex0555,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble updating your iPhone. I’m happy to help.

You’ll want to try the steps below:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, you’ll want to update your phone using your computer:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Nov 13, 2019 8:55 PM in response to Brittl84

This happens when you accept an invitation to update after Apple releases a newer update version. Apple's update servers don't know how to inform you of this problem, so they just puke.

Escape from this failed update either by forcibly shutting down Settings or by forcibly restarting your phone. Then, open Settings, "Check for Updates," and you should be invited to install the newest update.

Iphone 11 setup stuck on software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.