Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina, iPhone in finder

I have upgraded my iMac to Catalina which went fine. When I connected my iPhone 7 to my Mac it showed up in the finder under locations together with my external drives etc.

I unfortunately removed it from the navigation column and I am now looking for a way to get it back? Anybody an idea how to do this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 10:37 AM

Hey there Lesterburg,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re not seeing your iPhone in Finder on macOS Catalina. I’ll be happy to to help with this. 

Take a look the steps under Customize the sidebar from the following link for info on how to show or hide all items, add a folder or disk to the sidebar and more:

Customize the Finder toolbar and sidebar on Mac

Also, disconnect and connect your iPhone from your Mac and see if it reappears. 

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 10:37 AM in response to Lesterburg

Hey there Lesterburg,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re not seeing your iPhone in Finder on macOS Catalina. I’ll be happy to to help with this. 

Take a look the steps under Customize the sidebar from the following link for info on how to show or hide all items, add a folder or disk to the sidebar and more:

Customize the Finder toolbar and sidebar on Mac

Also, disconnect and connect your iPhone from your Mac and see if it reappears. 

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers 

Catalina, iPhone in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.