Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you migrate files from a windows backup drive (western digital passport) to a Mac?

Can you migrate files that were on a Windows formatted Western Digital Passport drive to a new Mac? My windows machine crashed and I have a backup that I would like to move the files over to a new Mac. HELP!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 4:08 PM

Yea' plug it into your iMac and try. If it is formatted FAT-32 or exFat, then your Mac should be able to read and write to the drive. If it is formatted NTFS, then you still should be able to read but not write to the drive.

1 reply

Can you migrate files from a windows backup drive (western digital passport) to a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.