Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Songs Now Missing From iMovie Project Music Library

Hi - I'm in the middle of making an iMovie project. I successfully added one of the songs from my iTunes Library a couple of weeks ago, but when I go to add more to my project, almost all of my songs are now missing in iMovie, even though they are still visible and playable in iTunes. My library is local (not cloud), and is not Apple Music.

I have seen a recommendation in other posts to "try restarting your computer and opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. See if the iTunes songs now appear."

Once I do that, how do I "Reopen my old library to get back to my project?" I've put a lot of work into this, and I don't want to lose it...

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 9:05 PM

You can reopen your old library by going to the Movies folder on your Mac (Go/Home/Movies) and double clicking on the library's icon. Or, from within iMovie you can do a File/Open Library/Other and choose the library that you want to open. A third way is to open iMovie while holding down the Option key and opening your old library in the box that appears.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 9:05 PM in response to Bytorok

You can reopen your old library by going to the Movies folder on your Mac (Go/Home/Movies) and double clicking on the library's icon. Or, from within iMovie you can do a File/Open Library/Other and choose the library that you want to open. A third way is to open iMovie while holding down the Option key and opening your old library in the box that appears.

-- Rich

Oct 15, 2019 10:55 AM in response to jhopp69

jhopp69,

You would be more likely to get more widespread responses if you posted your question in a separate post, providing the details surrounding your issue. Everybody's set up is a little different, and can be running different versions, and taking different steps to trigger the issue. An issue that is "similar" may not be the same at all.

-- Rich

iTunes Songs Now Missing From iMovie Project Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.