Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie - Apple Music does not appear in audio list

I cannot get my iTunes library to show in iMovie, even after downloading the songs to the library. No songs will show up for me to add to my movies

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:33 PM

Apple Music songs are DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie. Downloading an Apple Music song to iTunes will not remove the DRM protection. Apple Music is a subscription service that gives you a license to listen to the song for personal use for as long as you pay for the subscription. One does not own the songs, but only renting it. If the songs weren't DRM protected, one could simply download hundreds of songs to one's computer and then cancel the subscription. That would frustrate the intent of the program.

You can, however, use songs in iMovie that you purchased. in iTunes.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 8:33 PM in response to JBEAUX

Apple Music songs are DRM protected and cannot be used in iMovie. Downloading an Apple Music song to iTunes will not remove the DRM protection. Apple Music is a subscription service that gives you a license to listen to the song for personal use for as long as you pay for the subscription. One does not own the songs, but only renting it. If the songs weren't DRM protected, one could simply download hundreds of songs to one's computer and then cancel the subscription. That would frustrate the intent of the program.

You can, however, use songs in iMovie that you purchased. in iTunes.

-- Rich

iMovie - Apple Music does not appear in audio list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.