Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes imovie

I am attempting to add music into an iMovie and my iTunes shows up in the audio option. However, the new music I downloaded yesterday in iTunes doesn't show up in iMovie. The new music is showing in iTunes and plays, so I am not sure why the new music doesn't appear in iMovie, but all of my other music from iTunes does.

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 8:45 AM

Hi, kak273,

Possibly the songs are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected in which case they would not appear in iMovie. Also, Music that originated in Apple Music is all DRM protected and does not lose that protection when downloaded into iTunes. So, if Apple Music were involved anywhere in the chain of purchase, that could be a reason why the songs are not showing up in iMovie.

-- Rich

Another possibility is that the songs are stored in the cloud, in which case you would need to download them to your physical iTunes library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 8:45 AM in response to kak273

Hi, kak273,

Possibly the songs are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected in which case they would not appear in iMovie. Also, Music that originated in Apple Music is all DRM protected and does not lose that protection when downloaded into iTunes. So, if Apple Music were involved anywhere in the chain of purchase, that could be a reason why the songs are not showing up in iMovie.

-- Rich

Another possibility is that the songs are stored in the cloud, in which case you would need to download them to your physical iTunes library.

iTunes imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.