Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina not supporting full 5120 x 1440 resolution for LG 49WL95C-W monitor

I have an LG 49WL95C-W connected to my 2017 15" MacBook Pro with a USB-C (i.e. thunderbolt 3). The Macbook Pro has a Radeon Pro 560 graphics card as well as Intel HD Graphics 630.

Prior to upgrading to MacOS Catalina everything was working fine and I was getting 5120 x 1440 resolution. After upgrading to MacOS Catalina the max resolution displayed is 3840 pixels wide. I verified that the LG monitor software/firmware is up to date.

When will Mac issue a fix for this issue? Breaking 5k support is a major bug.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 11:07 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 17, 2019 4:11 PM in response to na7777

Hello na7777,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand the connected display is not showing 5k as an option. I'll do what I can to help.

Make sure to hold the Option key while in System Preferences > Displays > Display and click Scaled as it might be an additional resolution not being displayed. This link will provide more information: Change your Mac display’s resolution

If it doesn't display, these steps here can help: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Take care.

MacOS Catalina not supporting full 5120 x 1440 resolution for LG 49WL95C-W monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.