Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 4 won’t show watchOS 6 update

I have an iPhone XS Max running iOS 13 and a new Apple Watch series 4 44mm Nike version. The watch updated to watchOS 5.3.2 but after that when checking for software updates in the watch app on the iPhone tells me it’s up to date with latest os. I have tried resetting and unpairing bothe the watch and iPhone with no luck. I have tried another iPhone running iOS 13 which successfully updated a version 3 watch to watchOS 6.1 to pair with and it still shows my watch is running latest watchOS 5.3.2, and not give watchOS 6 as an update? I think my watch could be faulty?

thanks in advance for any ideas

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 6:36 AM

Assuming your iPhone has the latest iOS 13.1.2 update, then it sounds like Apple has a software update bug, introduced when they allowed the iPhone 6 to update the Apple Watch Series 4 to 5.3.2

Ever since then updates and upgrades have been messed up.

You can try using the Contact Support link at the top of this page, or going into an Apple Store. But based on forum feedback, the support people at the pointy end of the stick have been blinded sided as well.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 6:36 AM in response to PedroSix

Assuming your iPhone has the latest iOS 13.1.2 update, then it sounds like Apple has a software update bug, introduced when they allowed the iPhone 6 to update the Apple Watch Series 4 to 5.3.2

Ever since then updates and upgrades have been messed up.

You can try using the Contact Support link at the top of this page, or going into an Apple Store. But based on forum feedback, the support people at the pointy end of the stick have been blinded sided as well.

Oct 13, 2019 3:52 AM in response to PedroSix

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/dgxn4a/are_you_unable_to_update_watch_os/

What type of phone do you have your watch paired to? (Edit: whoops I just saw the model sorry). I’m experiencing the same issue with my brand new Series 3, my iPhone is an XR on 13.1.2. I tried restarting both the phone and watch a few times, toggling my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off, power cycling my router, resetting all settings on my phone and even unpairing and repairing the watch.

Ultimately I contacted Apple and they are going to put in and ticket have a member of their engineering team via phone speak to me.

Oct 13, 2019 1:28 PM in response to PedroSix

PedroSix wrote:
Great info, thanks so much. Now I guess we wait for an update to iOS 13.1.3 😏

If you can use the "Contact Support" link at the top of this page, to add more weight to the issue, it would help increase the resources engineering management would apply to this issue.

I've worked as a software developer with 4 Fortune 500 companies over the years, and the more complaints about the same thing the more resources management throws at the problem.

Apple Watch series 4 won’t show watchOS 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.