Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 WatchOS 5.3 paired with iPhone X iOS 13.1.2 won’t update to WatchOS 6

I recently retrieved my Apple Watch Series 4 (on watchOS 5.3) from a month of storage and when I re-paired it with my iPhone X with the latest iOS 13.1.2, the only watchOS update that I see on the Watch app is for watchOS 5.3.2. If I am not mistaken, watchOS 6 should be the one available given the devices I own. Do I need to update first to that version before being able to move on to the latter or might there be an issue? I definitely want to be on watchOS 6. Thank you.

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 1:43 AM

It may take a day or so for your watch to recognize that your phone has been updated to iOS 13. The latest "older phone" WatchOS is 5.3.2, released on October 9. Your watch, not knowing the true state of your phone when it awoke from hibernation, knew that it was safe to update to 5.3.2. Your watch should request version 6 shortly after installing version 5.3.2.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 1:43 AM in response to reginaldjames

It may take a day or so for your watch to recognize that your phone has been updated to iOS 13. The latest "older phone" WatchOS is 5.3.2, released on October 9. Your watch, not knowing the true state of your phone when it awoke from hibernation, knew that it was safe to update to 5.3.2. Your watch should request version 6 shortly after installing version 5.3.2.

Apple Watch Series 4 WatchOS 5.3 paired with iPhone X iOS 13.1.2 won’t update to WatchOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.