Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading from Mojave on MacBook Pro: Catalina installed, screen shows “Setting up Your Mac,” appears to be hung: it’s been over 10 hours overnight, periodically goes to sleep till I wake it with space bar. Should I restart or wait it out?

Upgrading from Mojave on MacBook Pro: Catalina installed, screen shows “Setting up Your Mac,” appears to be hung: it’s been over 10 hours overnight, periodically goes to sleep till I wake it with space bar. Should I restart or wait it out?

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 7:21 AM

Hello Hoyaku,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about macOS Catalina install, and I'd like to help.

If your Mac is stuck on the 'Setting Up Your Mac' screen shows that if this screen doesn't complete, and it's been more than 10 minutes, it's OK to hold the power button until your Mac shuts off.

Your Mac should then start up normally.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2019 7:21 AM in response to Hoyaku

Hello Hoyaku,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about macOS Catalina install, and I'd like to help.

If your Mac is stuck on the 'Setting Up Your Mac' screen shows that if this screen doesn't complete, and it's been more than 10 minutes, it's OK to hold the power button until your Mac shuts off.

Your Mac should then start up normally.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.