Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobooks missing from iTunes?

I have upgraded to Catalina and now iTunes does not display any information about the more than 100 audiobooks I have purchased over the years. This could be related to Apple Music, which I also agreed to try after having an odd experience years ago when the "service" arbitrarily deleted various tracks from my library, mostly tracks from operas that I downloaded from CDs I own. How is it that iTunes no longer knows anything about audiobooks?

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 8:42 AM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Audiobooks have been moved into the Books app. Sadly it has fewer options than iTunes/Music for adjusting metadata, so if you're adding new content in future I'd add it to Music first, then import to Books when you're happy the metadata as you want it. Catalina has also moved the files to a hidden location in the users library folder making them harder to backup in future.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 8:42 AM in response to grimstad

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Audiobooks have been moved into the Books app. Sadly it has fewer options than iTunes/Music for adjusting metadata, so if you're adding new content in future I'd add it to Music first, then import to Books when you're happy the metadata as you want it. Catalina has also moved the files to a hidden location in the users library folder making them harder to backup in future.

tt2

Oct 14, 2019 9:39 AM in response to turingtest2

I did finally find a reference to Books, but it was an unexpected interruption to a planned hike. It was probably foolish for me to upgrade without setting aside a few hours to read about Catalina, which additionally disabled various programs I like, but I let the upgrade happen when I went to bed.

Replacing Aperture with Photos has made a complete mess of years of digital photos.

And why does a company with a bank account bigger than the GDP of most nations have to buy spreadsheet and word processing applications from companies who reinvented file storage contrary to 35 years of Mac success?

Thanks for you reply.

Audiobooks missing from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.