Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Catalina, lost all music I uploaded from CD's and my playlists.

My music from CD's is not in my music library, after I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Catalina. Also, my playlists are gone. Any idea how to get these back(aside from uploading all the music from the cd's again)? I don't use the cloud and do not have Apple Music. The songs and playlists are still on my iPhone. Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Did you just double-click the library, or did you option-start-Music to access it? The copy & rename steps with the .itl files won't work if Music has already attempted to import your old iTunes library.

If needs be see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

11 replies

Oct 27, 2019 7:31 PM in response to rosie777

Yes, you should have been prompted for somewhere to put the new Music library that was going to be created by converting the old iTunes library. If that failed to import the contents of the library then could anything have changed about the location of the media? I haven't had a chance to test it, but I think that missing media (anything not where it was expected to be) is dropped from the converted library in a way that it wouldn't have been the case with an iTunes upgrade.

tt2

Upgraded to Catalina, lost all music I uploaded from CD's and my playlists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.