Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost the option to share photo to a Shared Album in iOS13

After updating to iOS13, I can no longer share a photo to a Shared Album.

Sharing options are now shown for multiple people from my contact list and a handful of apps.

Missing from the list of apps, however, is the most obvious photo sharing app - Photos itself.

I've disabled and re-enabled iCloud options for Photos, no joy.

Scrolling to the right in the list of apps at the bottom of the sharing screen does reveal a feature to add apps... but Photos is not one of them.

I have use(d) this feature multiple times daily for years, so it's absence is a real annoyance!

Attached: sample shot of where sharing icon used to be (random screen grab from Apple support website) and current screen (no Photos sharing icon available).

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:24 PM

Instead of scrolling right among the list of app, instead, scroll down to see the action list.

Select a photo.

Tap the icon to bring up the share sheet.

Scroll to the bottom of the sheet.

Tap “Edit Actions”

Scroll through the list of available actions, find Add to Shared Album and tap the Green circle with a + next to it.

Tap done.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 2:24 PM in response to MRMinSF

Instead of scrolling right among the list of app, instead, scroll down to see the action list.

Select a photo.

Tap the icon to bring up the share sheet.

Scroll to the bottom of the sheet.

Tap “Edit Actions”

Scroll through the list of available actions, find Add to Shared Album and tap the Green circle with a + next to it.

Tap done.

Lost the option to share photo to a Shared Album in iOS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.