Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina crashing

Updated to Catalina last night and now suffering a crash every 10 to 30 minutes. I was initially using Firefox, but swapped to Chrome for last few crashes, so not a compatibility problem there. Nothing else other than Mail and Acrobat Reader open.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 11:51 AM

I suggest at this point to run an EtreCheck report and post it here so that we can help you troubleshoot your notebook.

Ref: Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

A few things you can try in the mean time:

• Boot up your notebook in Safe Mode. Does it still crash?
  • Boot up normally and create a new user account. Log out of your current account, and then, log back in with the new account? Still crashing?
  • Perform a SMC reset on your notebook.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 11:51 AM in response to Slabbatical

I suggest at this point to run an EtreCheck report and post it here so that we can help you troubleshoot your notebook.

Ref: Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

A few things you can try in the mean time:

• Boot up your notebook in Safe Mode. Does it still crash?
  • Boot up normally and create a new user account. Log out of your current account, and then, log back in with the new account? Still crashing?
  • Perform a SMC reset on your notebook.

Oct 17, 2019 1:59 PM in response to Slabbatical

Ok, thanks. It would help if you provided the full report. Especially with Drive Access enabled so that I can see if there are any kernel panics or diagnostics reports available.

All I can tell from this report is that you're running an AV app on your Mac. AV apps are not necessary and tend to cause more issues than resolve them. However, it's a personal choice. Regardless, I would suggest that you temporarily disable it, at least, to see if this helps at all.

Catalina crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.