Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fingerprint Password Not Working on IPad Pro 2019.

Everything works great on my iPad Pro - but suddenly the fingerprint password function is not working...? I’m screwed because I don’t generate or keep track of these, my device is supposed to (and always has) handled that!

Here’s what I use and the issue:

Using IPad Pro 12.9”.

Current on iOS.

Issue: When trying to log into my bank or any other site, typically the iPad brings up the fingerprint password prompt, but it isn’t. The device isn’t cycling like it usually does when using the fingerprint password.

Has anyone else had this problem - or know how to get my fingerprint accessible passcodes ——- back and functional ???

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 4:40 PM

You will need to wipe the device. You had to have entered a passcode to use Touch ID, if you can’t remember that passcode then you have to wipe it to remove that (which means you will need the Apple ID and password you used to set it up)

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 4:40 PM in response to redgreen13

You will need to wipe the device. You had to have entered a passcode to use Touch ID, if you can’t remember that passcode then you have to wipe it to remove that (which means you will need the Apple ID and password you used to set it up)

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Fingerprint Password Not Working on IPad Pro 2019.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.