Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display sleep or lock screen changes mac volume and stop playing

Dear community,

I am having two issues after I switched from my old mac running El Capitan to a new one with catalina.

After I put display to sleep or the mac is locked, it changes the volume to 50% when I log in. Another undesired behavior I have in the new mac is that it disables my music playing when it is locked.

Are you aware of any solutions to keep the volume the same after logging in and the music playing meanwhile the mac is locked?

Many thanks,

Werner.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 11:57 AM

Hello wsfreund,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that since installing macOS Catalina, whenever you put your display to sleep or the the Mac is locked, the volume is elevated upon logging back in.

Check out this article called How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac and test for this issue in a new user account. Follow the steps provided based on how your Mac behaves during testing.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 11:57 AM in response to wsfreund

Hello wsfreund,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that since installing macOS Catalina, whenever you put your display to sleep or the the Mac is locked, the volume is elevated upon logging back in.

Check out this article called How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac and test for this issue in a new user account. Follow the steps provided based on how your Mac behaves during testing.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

Display sleep or lock screen changes mac volume and stop playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.