Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 10 water resistant?

I was given a replacement iPhone X from Apple less than 3 months ago for a warranty relating to failures with the screen with overheating, facial ID and bad keyboard texting... My new replacement phone gets wet while taking pictures outside

but the water sensor are not triggered. A few hours later the phone stops working. Apple says there is nothing they can do to save the phone since it wouldn’t power up. All that came up was Apple symbol so I knew phone wasn't completely dead. A local repair shop restores the phone and it now works. However it still has issues. Facial ID no longer works again.. Apple says any warranty is now void due to water damage and for my using an independent third-party for repairing the phone. They say they “lost some screws” and due that and the signs of water corrosion they have devalued the phone to nothing! I have received conflicting stories from Apple representatives on this.. The manager addressed things by offering me a replacement phone for $549, not good enough! When my phone was replaced 3 months ago tech support says “ Apple can afford this” To clarify, this phone was never submerged and only had condensation visible around camera lens. I’m struggling to understand why Apple advertises water resistant but does not replace this phone when it fails. Any feedback is appreciated good or bad. Just trying to make sense of it..

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 14, 2019 4:36 PM in response to bbboston

I regret being forthright with Apple on my suspicion of water damage when tech-support said there was no indication of it. Now I’m being told because of my admission of water damage the phone is no longer under the 3 month warranty. None of this was confirmed by their tech-support but simply from my trying to figure out what went wrong.

Oct 14, 2019 4:41 PM in response to sberman

That has been very clearly explain to me yet the water sensors in the phone are not triggered. I think there is more involved than “water damage” I believe the same issues related to what caused my phone to be recalled 3 months ago is happening again. The phone still works! I am just having the same touchscreen issues.

IPhone 10 water resistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.