Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd party charging does not work On my apple watch

i didn’t realize when it had since started , but after some watch OS upgrade , i cant charge apple watch on 3rd party charging device. I have 3-in-1 wireless charging that previously charging well for all my devices, but now not for apple watch. When it is charging, seems it is keep on interrupted unlike normal behavior that the watch will be in sleep/night mode.

FYI i am on apple watch 4 series with OS 6.0.1 now .

anyone encounter the same like me ?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 5:34 PM

Its best to stick to the chargers sold through Apple rather then 3rd party knock off ones. Even though they are cheaper I wouldn't recommend them as issues like you are having can occur, or worse. As 'deggie' said its due to a hardware certification.

4 replies

Oct 14, 2019 7:51 PM in response to leonardusray

Baseus is not a part of the Made for iDevice program (MFi) so their chargers are not certified for use with Apple and they had to steal codes from one of the 161+ companies that are certified in order to make theirs work in the first place. Apple will make software/firmware changes occasionally that access the chipsets in the capable and or the most part if you have an MFi cable it is not an issue. If it isn't it usually breaks them. You can contact Baseus and see if they will give you some kind of price break on their next knock off when they steal a newer code.

3rd party charging does not work On my apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.