Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch cycles while trying to charge with a 3rd party charger but works on other watches ....

Using a 3rd party charger, my 7 will show charge, then it cycles to the regular watch face and then to the log in and back to charge, ect.

Using my wife's 5, it charges as it should.

And that's with 2 different 3 in 1 chargers.

Not the end of the world but annoying. If I had to guess, there's something interrupting .....

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 12:26 PM

I have heard that other people are having similar problems with third-party chargers after updating watchOS 8. It may have something to do with the fast charging feature.

About fast charge on Apple Watch Series 7 - Apple Support

The only other advice I can offer is to use the 'Get Support' link at the top-right corner of this page.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 12:26 PM in response to SmokeyHeaders

I have heard that other people are having similar problems with third-party chargers after updating watchOS 8. It may have something to do with the fast charging feature.

About fast charge on Apple Watch Series 7 - Apple Support

The only other advice I can offer is to use the 'Get Support' link at the top-right corner of this page.

Mar 4, 2022 2:17 PM in response to javaliga

Nice try but my wife's watch5 is on the latest update 8.x.x and works just fine.

Got a replacement today for the charger and same results.

Since the watch 5 works, I would think it's software related. The fast charging wasn't just for the new ones, eh? The 5 doesn't have the blood oxygen tester but I don't think that checks every 30 seconds ..... anything that pings?

Thanks!

Watch cycles while trying to charge with a 3rd party charger but works on other watches ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.