Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an iPhone in the USA

Hello!

As i purchase a new iPhone in the US, what should i bear in mind if i carry it to my home-country and use it with my local carrier?

Is it enough to determine that the device should be "unlocked and simfree"?

Is there anything else that i should notice as i come to the store to buy it?

many thanks! Ido

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Sorry... This is the list:--> iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple

Then, you'd better contact the local carrier in your country and ask them if the model you're buying is supported.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that the warranty is valid in the country you buy your iPhone. Apple stores or authorized providers might refuse to service that iPhone in your country.

If you still decide to buy your "unlocked & Sim Free" device in USA, buy it ONLY from Apple Stores or Authorized Resellers.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2019 3:21 AM in response to ido178

Sorry... This is the list:--> iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple

Then, you'd better contact the local carrier in your country and ask them if the model you're buying is supported.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that the warranty is valid in the country you buy your iPhone. Apple stores or authorized providers might refuse to service that iPhone in your country.

If you still decide to buy your "unlocked & Sim Free" device in USA, buy it ONLY from Apple Stores or Authorized Resellers.

Regards

Giulio

Buying an iPhone in the USA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.