Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Open Tabs Disappeared

(This was all on the iPad version of Safari)

I had a few tabs open of different websites. When I closed the app (via swiping up after double clicking the home button), I didn’t close any of the tabs, but when I re-opened Safari, they were gone. How do I get my tabs back?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 11:01 AM

Closed tabs can usually be recovered in two ways...

1) If the tab is manually closed, it can in many cases be recovered/reopened. With the Safari browser opened, touch-and-hold the “+” icon (top-right of the page); this will open a list of recently closed tabs. Simply select the tab you wish to reopen - and viola! Note also that the tab history is also recovered. It should be noted that tab recovery generally only works for tabs closed within the current session.

2) If a tab is not directly recoverable, you can identify websites recently viewed from the History list. Simply touch the book-icon (top-left of the page) - then touch the History (clock) icon to reveal the recently viewed sites in reverse chronological order. Tap the page you wish to reopen.

Hope you find these tips helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 11:01 AM in response to Techenthusiast13

Closed tabs can usually be recovered in two ways...

1) If the tab is manually closed, it can in many cases be recovered/reopened. With the Safari browser opened, touch-and-hold the “+” icon (top-right of the page); this will open a list of recently closed tabs. Simply select the tab you wish to reopen - and viola! Note also that the tab history is also recovered. It should be noted that tab recovery generally only works for tabs closed within the current session.

2) If a tab is not directly recoverable, you can identify websites recently viewed from the History list. Simply touch the book-icon (top-left of the page) - then touch the History (clock) icon to reveal the recently viewed sites in reverse chronological order. Tap the page you wish to reopen.

Hope you find these tips helpful.

My Open Tabs Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.