Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about accessing iCloud with no device after enabling 2 step verification

Say I was out, away from home and (God forbid) something happened to my iPhone, and I don't have with me or access to any other trusted devices, which meant I couldn't use it/them to generate or receive the 2 factor authentication code needed to log into iCloud on another device, and say I can no longer access the nominated phone number as well, but I do know my apple ID & password...

From what I've read Apple no longer uses the recovery key system, so does that mean that the only option I'm left with is the account recovery process which can take a few days?

Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 8:40 AM

Yes. The recovery method is described in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

The situation you described may be avoided by setting up multiple trusted phone numbers. They can be an phone including Androids, landlines, relatives or friends. There is more information in the above link.

Similar questions

1 reply

Question about accessing iCloud with no device after enabling 2 step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.