Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Shortcuts

I created a Shortcut just to turn on the Bluetooth but it doesn’t work. I had tried restarting my iPad but still cannot work. (Pls see attached photo)

Also, is it possible to perform these actions in one shortcut (Ask for alarm setting time->Turn on alarm->Toggle alarm->After 5 mins->Toggle alarm off->turn on Bluetooth->Connect with Bluetooth speaker->play BBC radio) ?

I must admit I’m not good at programming 😓

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 5:06 AM

GOldAPPle78 wrote: "Does this mean Shortcuts App is unstable(...)?"

Shortcuts in iOS 13 underwent a major revision – so perhaps we should expect stability problems until iOS 13.2 or later. ...Meanwhile, here are other more focussed sources of support:

Shortcuts on Reddit

Shortcuts User Group on Discord

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

19 replies

Oct 27, 2019 6:36 AM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote: "...the one feature I could really use - select a specific Wi-Fi network and then launch the app that uses it..."

tt2 ~ The following addresses only the "launch the app that uses it..." part of the feature you want, so may not be too useful. Anyway...

An app, such as Shortcuts, can be launched via a deep link URL — here's the URL structure which will run a shortcut that’s saved in My Shortcuts:

shortcuts://open-shortcut?name=[name], and provide the name of the shortcut in the name parameter. The named shortcut could consist simply of an Open App action to "launch the app that uses it...". And someone created a custom shortcut to easily generate a deep link URL:

Make Run Shortcut link

The relevant part of the Shortcuts User Guide starts here:

Intro to URL schemes in Shortcuts

õ¿õ¬

Oct 19, 2019 5:02 AM in response to GOldAPPle78

I certainly think Shortcuts has a way to go. I haven't really paid too much attention as last time I looked the one feature I could really use - select a specific Wi-Fi network and then launch the app that uses it - wasn't possible, but I have made a couple to reduce otherwise contorted Siri requests. "Hey Siri, play 'And it stoned me' by Van Morrison from downloaded music" is shortened to "Hey Siri, stone me", which is somewhat easier on the tongue.

tt2

Oct 21, 2019 3:17 AM in response to GOldAPPle78

GOldAPPle78 wrote: "Is it safe to use unofficial ways?"

I don't know about other "unofficial ways", but this particular one appears to be safe. ...But as the source article says: "Apple may kill this functionality again in the future; hopefully, they won’t."

"I just tried your method and there’s an error msg"

As tt2 pointed out, fix your typo in: "prefs:root=WIFI" and it'll work.

"I think I will wait for iPadOS update to fix Shortcuts instability issue."

Considering the wide functionality in Shortcuts, there are very few stability issues – so I encourage you to keep experimenting and learning. I don't know whether you have a Mac, but when this thread is viewed on one, your iPad screenshots appear overly large. It's not your fault, it's just the way these Communities currently work. ...But if you want a small Shortcuts learning project, try creating a custom shortcut which downsizes the width of a screenshot to, say, 500 pixels and saves it to Photos' "Recents" for subsequent use in an ASC post. (I'm working on a shortcut for use with ASC, and one of its Menu choices will be such a "downsize screenshot" option.)

õ¿õ¬

Apple Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.