Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode not sent from mac during icloud setup

Hi,

I just upgraded to Mac OS Catalina. After the successful upgrade, I kept getting notifications from the Settings app saying I needed to update my apple id settings. I correctly signed into my apple account and mac several times, but the notification never went away. I signed out of my Apple ID account and attempted the sign-in. At some point, I have to enter a two-factor passcode from my iPhone. The passcode never came to my iPhone. I have two iPhones registered with iCloud, and neither of them worked. My mac is connected to the internet as well.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 2:28 PM

Just in case anybody comes across this thread, I found a solution after talking with customer support. The passcode wasn't a two-factor code delivered to a trusted device, it was the actual screen passcode on the iPhone. After I entered the iPhone screen passcode, I was able to establish a connection to my iCloud and Apple ID accounts.

Thanks for the help!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 2:28 PM in response to Eric Root

Just in case anybody comes across this thread, I found a solution after talking with customer support. The passcode wasn't a two-factor code delivered to a trusted device, it was the actual screen passcode on the iPhone. After I entered the iPhone screen passcode, I was able to establish a connection to my iCloud and Apple ID accounts.

Thanks for the help!

Oct 17, 2019 9:31 AM in response to Max Powers II

You are welcome. Try contacting Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Passcode not sent from mac during icloud setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.