Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to cancel iOS finder sync so I can restart the computer

With previous versions of Mac OS you could always force quit iTunes if it was in the middle of a sync with an iOS device, and just start the sync again after you restarted, but with Catalina moving Finder sync to the finder, it cancels a restart if a sync is in progress.

And you can't just quit the finder, as quitting the finder is just a restart of the finder, even if you use activity monitor. The Finder sync really needs a cancel button so I can restart.

I have tried looking in Activity monitor, but I don't see anything that is obviously iOS sync. It certainly isn't named anything with sync in the name. Could it be AMPDevicesAgent? That is using a whole lot of processor time.

And at least with Sync in iTunes it told you how far you were. Sure you couldn't tell how long backup was going to take, as that always took forever, and I am assuming this means it is backing up.

And that actual copying of files is when it gives you the circle that tells at least how far it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 11:49 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Is there a way to cancel iOS finder sync so I can restart the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.