Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 bluetooth still drops call after 13.1.3 update

New iPhone 11 still has bluetooth connectivity issues, even after updating to 13.1.3. 2016 Toyota 4runner, never had a problem with iPhone 6. Call drops from car radio (Entune) after about two minutes, but call is still in session. Then I just use speakerphone like everyone else. Chatted with support, had me rename iPhone, that did not work. Disconnected BT, deleted car from BT, deleted phone from car, rebooted, etc. Sorry I bought this phone so early. Fix your software Tim Cook.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 4:32 PM

I am in the same boat although I thought it would be Interesting to Share my experience. My entire head unit resets anytime the iPhone 11pro is connected to my 2015 4runner through the Bluetooth. Never happened with iPhone 7. I did all things Apple suggested and even updated my 4runner software. Paired and repaired over and over again, updated current to 13.1.3. I was able to create the problem while on The phone with AppleCare and they captured the diagnostics of the phone during the problem. I don’t think they currently have a fix for this but I sure do hope they are working tirelessly on this as it is a huge inconvenience. Especially for a phone I paid $1350 dollars for, Jesus

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 4:32 PM in response to wtalber

I am in the same boat although I thought it would be Interesting to Share my experience. My entire head unit resets anytime the iPhone 11pro is connected to my 2015 4runner through the Bluetooth. Never happened with iPhone 7. I did all things Apple suggested and even updated my 4runner software. Paired and repaired over and over again, updated current to 13.1.3. I was able to create the problem while on The phone with AppleCare and they captured the diagnostics of the phone during the problem. I don’t think they currently have a fix for this but I sure do hope they are working tirelessly on this as it is a huge inconvenience. Especially for a phone I paid $1350 dollars for, Jesus

Oct 25, 2019 10:56 AM in response to wtalber

Same problem here, 2019 Toyota Tacoma the whole time I had an iPhone 8 no issues whatsoever. Now with my new iPhone 11 Pro I got this week, when using phone over Bluetooth it disconnects within 30 sec to 3 minutes of my phone conversation 100% of the time. Tried everything even resetting phone network settings, re-pairing etc and still same issue. I am running ios 13.1.3. If anyone finds a solution please let us know! Thanks

Oct 28, 2019 1:07 PM in response to evelynn66

Thanks for the info, I did exactly that. Then the following happened.

-repaired phone

-entune asked for a software update which I did and the restarting of the head unit happened twice during that process

-software update completed and immediately after the head unit reset and and the problem hasn’t been solved and if anything the head unit is resetting more often. But not resetting at all when iPhone 11pro Bluetooth is off.

-verdict *not fixed

thanks for the effort though. Apple what happening???? Will 13.1.4 fix this the last 3 updates haven’t.

Oct 28, 2019 2:26 PM in response to Malba1025

I tried this too. I made the first call, lasted 4 minutes, and then disconnected. Longest call yet! Usually last about two minutes. Placed a callback, and it lasted two minutes, then dropped. After that, I could not even make calls via the Entune, and an error message popped, unable to dial, check your phone. Turned off the radio, and used speakerphone on the phone.

Oct 30, 2019 5:23 AM in response to Malba1025

I have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and iPhone 11 Pro 256GB and had the blue tooth problem disconnecting during phone conversations 100% Of the time.

13.2 fixed it! Here’s what I had to do though, go on your Toyota Tacoma go to apps-settings-general-scroll to and click on”delete personal data” and do that.

Also ensure you unpair your iPhone “forgot device”. Restart both and pair them. The new Bluetooth handshake between both devices is fixed. My phone conversation no longer disconnects after the 13.2 update. Thanks for the fix finally!

Nov 22, 2019 7:40 PM in response to evelynn66

Just got the iPhone 11 last Tuesday. Went to Barbados on Wednesday. Returned Tuesday 11/19/19 to have my phone cut in and out in my 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited when connected to Bluetooth. I saw this crazy remedy and was skeptical to say the least. I followed the instructions and made a call that lasted over 4 minutes without cutting off. I think it is fixed.

Thanks

iPhone 11 bluetooth still drops call after 13.1.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.