Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac turns off after logging in

I tried to download the latest beta of Mac OS Catalina but there was not enough disk space when I tried to install it. Now when I turn on my Macbook I get to the log in screen but as soon as I type in my password it shuts down. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 10:33 AM

Dear AppleJen77,

I have the exact same problem as carters84. My macbook pro 13 inch starts up, asks me for the password as usual. But when I enter it, the bar starts to load underneath and half way it shuts down the whole computer.

I also had little storage on my computer and now I can't log in or use my computer anymore. Can you please suggest a better solution than the one stated above? It did not solve the issue..

Best regards

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 10:33 AM in response to AppleJen77

Dear AppleJen77,

I have the exact same problem as carters84. My macbook pro 13 inch starts up, asks me for the password as usual. But when I enter it, the bar starts to load underneath and half way it shuts down the whole computer.

I also had little storage on my computer and now I can't log in or use my computer anymore. Can you please suggest a better solution than the one stated above? It did not solve the issue..

Best regards

Oct 24, 2019 5:53 AM in response to carters84

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, carters84!

It sounds like your Mac is shutting down as soon as you enter your user password. Check out this article If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up. This article will give you the best steps to troubleshoot issues with the Mac not starting up completely, as well as the next steps to take if you continue to have issues.

I also recommend that you reset the SMC and NVRAM using the articles below:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Have a great day!

mac turns off after logging in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.