Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FAIL back up and restore iTunes library from hard drive and/or time machine

Hi,

My issue is the following : my MAC Air had no space anymore to make the new software update. So, I decided to move most of my files to a hard drive. I moved my whole "iTunes" file into this hard drive. In order to avoid having this same "not enough space in my MAC" in the future, I decided to keep my iTunes library directly on this hard drive.

I went on iTunes - preferences - advanced tab - under "iTunes Media folder location" i set up that the new location for my library is inside this hard drive. (p.s: when going to iTunes file on the hard drive, I see the media).

When I try to : Hold down the Shift key while opening iTunes.

• a message that asks me to Choose iTunes Library, I click Choose Library.
  • Choose the location where you copied your iTunes folder.
  • Click Open.
  • Choose the iTunes Library.itl file inside.

Itunes opens but with nothing inside.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot.

J.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 1:44 PM

Try Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. It should be option-start-iTunes on a Mac to switch libraries. Check for temporary files in the iTunes folder. Perhaps your active library had a different name or was on a different path. Search for alternate .itl files and compare date modified time stamps.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2019 1:44 PM in response to J3nny_Jen

Try Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. It should be option-start-iTunes on a Mac to switch libraries. Check for temporary files in the iTunes folder. Perhaps your active library had a different name or was on a different path. Search for alternate .itl files and compare date modified time stamps.

tt2

FAIL back up and restore iTunes library from hard drive and/or time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.