Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Wh1000XM3 random disconnects

I use the Sony WH1000XM3 headphones but with MacOS Catalina, The audio randomly disconnects but its still connected with bluetooth. The headphones work perfectly fine with my iPhone and i am only having issues on my macbook

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 11:40 PM

I am having the same exact issues on my new Macbook Air 13 inch after I upgraded to Catalina even on version 10.15.1. I have tried debugging the bluetooth. Resetting PRAM and SMC. My Sony Headphones WH1000XM3/B are also updated with latest version. It is the most annoying thing to pay over $1,000 for a Macbook Air and because of Apple's Catalina having a bug I can't use my $350 headphones.

Apple please make this bug fix a high priority. Either you do or you are doing this on purpose to get us, your customers, to buy the new Apple Airpods.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 11:40 PM in response to MoonJ.

I am having the same exact issues on my new Macbook Air 13 inch after I upgraded to Catalina even on version 10.15.1. I have tried debugging the bluetooth. Resetting PRAM and SMC. My Sony Headphones WH1000XM3/B are also updated with latest version. It is the most annoying thing to pay over $1,000 for a Macbook Air and because of Apple's Catalina having a bug I can't use my $350 headphones.

Apple please make this bug fix a high priority. Either you do or you are doing this on purpose to get us, your customers, to buy the new Apple Airpods.

Oct 24, 2019 3:03 PM in response to LordServer

Hello LordServer,

I understand since updating your Mac to macOS Catalina you’ve been experiencing randomly disconnects between your Mac and your wireless headphones. I know how important it is for your devices to work in tandem, and I'm happy to help you out with this.

First, I recommend taking a look at the following support article: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference. This will help you rule wireless interference as the culprit. After you've checked that out, disconnect any external devices or hard drives you have connected to your Mac, and then reset the SMC and NVRAM. You can view steps on how to reset those in these support articles:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Test out your headphones with your Mac to see if the issue persists. Respond back if you need continued help with this.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Nov 22, 2019 3:10 AM in response to LordServer

This is a known issue many of us are experiencing, regardless of what Bluetooth device is being used. There is at least on other discussion thread on it:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250742358

It is beyond annoying; for work I've had to go back to using a wired headset for calls since my Bluetooth speaker and headset audio output keeps changing. I've had calls with support twice to no avail. Nothing has fixed this issue.

It is a defect with Catalina and let's hope Apple will quickly fix.

Nov 20, 2019 6:03 PM in response to Evoll

I have the same issues with my Sony WI-C400. When I connect the earphone with my MacBook Pro updated with macOS Catalina, the sound in the earphone is distorted and the internet connection becomes so slow that I cannot load video, phone call or webinars... Meanwhile, my Sony still works perfectly well with my iPhone.

Please help fix this. It's very annoying.

Sony Wh1000XM3 random disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.