Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Outlook (Hotmail) issue after last IOS update.

Hi there,

I'll try and explain this as simply as possible.

Whilst using my iPad, when I receive an email I get a red dot attached to the email icon as expected.

When I go to my inbox, the email is showing there with a blue dot as unread as expected.

However, when I open the email and read it, the red dot remains on the icon and the email still displays a blue dot in my in box.

These only disappear when I open the email a second time.

This has only started since the recent IOS update.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do to change this behaviour?

Thanks for any advice.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 2:34 AM

Okay - the more obvious potential fix didn’t work in this instance.

Mailbox related issues have been seen to occur - several reports noted in these fora - again, most have been resolved. Have you tried completely removing the Outlook Mail account from your device - and then re-adding the account?

This action completely resets the mail account on the device. As your email should still be on the server, nothing should be lost.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 2:34 AM in response to 26bosman

Okay - the more obvious potential fix didn’t work in this instance.

Mailbox related issues have been seen to occur - several reports noted in these fora - again, most have been resolved. Have you tried completely removing the Outlook Mail account from your device - and then re-adding the account?

This action completely resets the mail account on the device. As your email should still be on the server, nothing should be lost.

iPad Outlook (Hotmail) issue after last IOS update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.