Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem printing to HP printer after updating to Catalina 10.15

After upgrading my 2013 MacBook Pro to Catalina 10.15, I could no longer wirelessly print MS Word documents or Apple Mail messages to my HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910. The printer would light up and initiate, then shut down without even loading a sheet of paper. It would, however, print status reports about the printer whenever I asked.

I downloaded the latest printer driver and rebooted both printer and computer and that didn't fix the problem. My husband could print files to the printer from his PC with no problems. Finally I deleted this printer from my computer and instructed the Word file to print; my MacBook searched for nearby printers, found the HP, and then successfully printed. Problem solved, I hope!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 8:37 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Problem printing to HP printer after updating to Catalina 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.