Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchanging Word to Pages for all files

I just installed the Catalina operating system on my iMac. Previous to doing that, I used Microsoft Word for all my files. How should I convert all of my existing Word files to Pages on my iMac?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 1:19 PM

8 replies

Oct 19, 2019 3:42 PM in response to 1MLF

The first time that you manually save a Pages document, will trigger autosave about every 10 seconds afterward when changes have occurred. After opening a Word document, and then saving the resulting Pages document, you will have two document icons with potentially different names, but the icons tell the story:

You may want to get the free iBook, Pages User Guide for Mac, and load that into your iBooks application to provide further instruction. You can always post question in this Pages for Mac Support Community too. We are open 24x7.

Oct 19, 2019 3:23 PM in response to t quinn

Quinn,

To confirm what I think you are saying, any and all Word existing Word files automatically convert to Pages once opened with out anything further necessary than clicking on the file? Do I then have two of the same documents, one in Word form and one in Pages?

I am not very familiar with computers so please make your answers as basic as possible.

1MLF

Exchanging Word to Pages for all files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.