Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring files from a deleted disk

Hello, I have deleted a disk from my Mac and I didn't know how to use time machine properly and ended up not backing up my files at all. Is there any apps that can recover files from a disk deletion or is there no hope?

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 2:15 PM

Hey there Michael-AnnGrant,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know if you can restore any files from a disk you erased. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If you wiped the drive using Disk Utility and don’t have a backup, did you sync any of your files, Documents, or other data with iCloud? 

If so, you can sign into your account on your Mac and sync over your data.

Set up iCloud on your Mac

This link has info on how to set up Time Machine so this doesn’t happen in the future:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 2:15 PM in response to Michael-AnnGrant

Hey there Michael-AnnGrant,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know if you can restore any files from a disk you erased. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If you wiped the drive using Disk Utility and don’t have a backup, did you sync any of your files, Documents, or other data with iCloud? 

If so, you can sign into your account on your Mac and sync over your data.

Set up iCloud on your Mac

This link has info on how to set up Time Machine so this doesn’t happen in the future:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Restoring files from a deleted disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.