Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More results will be shown once Messages finishes indexing.

I recently got the new iPhone and the new update, so I’m not sure which is causing this. But I was searching my iMessages for some that are really important to me and it gave me this message. How do I make this go away and find the messages? I really want to figure this out, many messages are extremely important to me and I want to look through them again

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 7:14 PM

Hi Ekksvar,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to search in a conversation history through the Messages app due to the notification of, "More results will be shown once Messages finish Indexing." I can help shed some light.

The message you're seeing is letting you know that the messages are trying to load older data on your device. I suggest keeping your iPhone connected to a strong Wi-Fi connection until the data finishes indexing. If you continue to receive the same message after 48 hours on a strong Wi-Fi connection, I recommend contacting Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Contact Apple Support

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 7:14 PM in response to Ekksvar

Hi Ekksvar,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to search in a conversation history through the Messages app due to the notification of, "More results will be shown once Messages finish Indexing." I can help shed some light.

The message you're seeing is letting you know that the messages are trying to load older data on your device. I suggest keeping your iPhone connected to a strong Wi-Fi connection until the data finishes indexing. If you continue to receive the same message after 48 hours on a strong Wi-Fi connection, I recommend contacting Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Contact Apple Support

Kind regards.

More results will be shown once Messages finishes indexing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.