Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound issues with iphone 11pro

I have had the phone for a couple of weeks and notice a few sound and Siri issues -

Siri does not recognize contacts set up on the iPhone 11pro. Siri recognizes contacts set up prior to the switch from an 8 to this phone.

Overall sound is inconsistent - some calls come in without any audible ring at all, some calls come in with a normal ringtone level, but when I grab the phone I notice the sound fades away before I answer the call and then others come in fine.

When I make a call using "hey Siri" the call is ALWAYS made on speaker - there is no way that I can find to change the default setting.

Anyone found any solutions for this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 2:54 PM

Sound Fade Problem Solved!!!

This is actually a feature you can turn on and off. If you want the phone to adjust volume and screen brightness when it senses that you are looking at it, go to Face ID & Passcode, enter your ID, scroll about halfway down the menu and depending on your preference you can enable or disable Attention Aware Features.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 2:54 PM in response to BingoandBaya

Sound Fade Problem Solved!!!

This is actually a feature you can turn on and off. If you want the phone to adjust volume and screen brightness when it senses that you are looking at it, go to Face ID & Passcode, enter your ID, scroll about halfway down the menu and depending on your preference you can enable or disable Attention Aware Features.

Oct 20, 2019 6:37 PM in response to BingoandBaya

Yeah, I've had the same thing were when I make a cal with Hey Siri, its automatically put on speaker. I have no clue how to turn it off, hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

As for the contacts problem, I don't think I'm understanding that fully. Are you asking Siri to call someone and she says that the person isn't in your contacts?

For the volume, make sure that the notification volume is turned up to how you want it. To do that, go to:

Settings--> Sounds and Haptics, look for Ringer and Alerts and slide volume to desired level.

To change Siri volume, just use the volume up and down buttons on the Siri screen.

Oct 21, 2019 7:43 AM in response to WolfGang147

Thank you! So on the contacts problem, if I ask Siri to call John Smith and he is a contact that was in my contact list prior to getting this phone, no problem. But if I add a new contact, Joe Smith, on this phone, and then ask Siri to call Joe Smith, I will be offered all versions of Joe or Smith that are in my old contact list but Siri cannot find the contact "Joe Smith" that I made on this phone. Just an odd glitch.

Re the sound, I did set the sound level where I want it. The interesting issues are that sometimes when I get an incoming call there is a fade to the ring sound - first part of the ringtone is at the correct level and then it starts fading on its own. And sometimes calls come in with no ringtone at all. Not sure if this will be an identified system glitch or just my phone.

Sound issues with iphone 11pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.