Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use Apple Music offline? (on desktop)

I had an issue with my internet connection last night so couldn't go online. During this period I tried using Apple Music on my mac to listen to music but couldn't play anything. If I tried clicking on a song in a playlist, it would just skip to the next and repeat this until it got to the end of the playlist.

Also when I view "get info" on a tune, it shows it as being located in the cloud (I have itunes Match) and no longer has the "show in Finder" option.

Is this new in Apple Music? I'm sure I could use itunes without being connected to the internet. Is Apple Music now only useable with an internet connection?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 7:45 AM

Think I have solved this. Seems there was an issue with Music not recognizing the library on my mac. I have restarted Music while holding the Option key and selected the library file and this seems to have fixed the issue. Although I now have to go through the process of loading all the artwork again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 7:45 AM in response to ianb74

Think I have solved this. Seems there was an issue with Music not recognizing the library on my mac. I have restarted Music while holding the Option key and selected the library file and this seems to have fixed the issue. Although I now have to go through the process of loading all the artwork again.

Can't use Apple Music offline? (on desktop)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.